Gareth Peirce is a human rights lawyer who has faced down some incredible opponents – fighting bitter battles for the wrongly convicted and campaigning for law reform. She represented the Birmingham Six, the family of Jean Charles de Menezes, Guantanamo detainees Moazzam Begg and Bisher Amin Khalil al-Rawi and the families of the victims of the Lockerbie air disaster amongst a plethora of high profile cases. Gaining her inspiration from the rallies of Luther King in 1960’s America, she is considered radical by some, passionate by others. In a career spanning more than 30 years, she is said to have “transformed the criminal justice scene in this country almost single-handedly.” Dispatches From The Dark Side is her first book.
Subscribe for free
Join 11,382 other subscribers
What People Are Reading
- Going to Ireland on Tour and crossing the UK/EU Border using a Carnet
- Just Ask: West Midlands Tickets Online Event, Zoom. Monday 05 December 2022
- European Tour Dates - How to cross the UK / EU Border Using a Carnet
- Grandmaster Gareth of Misty's Big Adventure 25/08/80 – 15/05/22
- Join Birmingham Music Network on Telegram
- Have your say on arrangements for touring professionals and artists in the EU
- New Birmingham Venue and ‘Vinyl Bar’ opens: Dead Wax Digbeth, 28 Adderley St, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4ED.
- Question: Should arts organisations & NGOs maintain a relationship with any Corporation, Government Department, or Funding Organisation?
- National Children’s Remembrance Concert, Genting Arena, Birmingham, November 3rd 2018 to mark 100th anniversary of the end of the first World War.