Call all Artists who want to kick start a career in the creative sector
Creative Leap is a new development programme for emerging artists which will enable you to turn your creative ideas into reality…..
It is open to artists working in any artform including film and digital media, visual and performing arts, written and spoken word.
The scheme is aimed at individuals who have had limited opportunities to produce and showcase work.
Artists from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
Creative Leap will offer artists the chance to:
· Apply for a grant of up to £2,000 to develop and showcase innovative new work/projects
· Participate in a professional development training programme working within a pool of artists
· Work with an artform mentor to support the development of creative ideas and new work
· Work with a career start-up mentor and receive industry information, advice and support
Creative Leap is about new work, new collaborations and new ideas to create work in both traditional and unusual spaces. We want ideas for new work to be artist generated and led, and we’re here to discuss your ideas with you and to support you from the initial development stage through to showcasing. We’re also here to help newer artists access or progress in the industry and to support your career development needs.
A Creative Leap introductory meeting will take place in early May and the programme will then run in part time stages with showcasing taking place between September 2010 and March 2011.
Taking part in the programme is free of charge.
To apply for a place on Creative Leap, you will need to be:
· Over 18
· Living or working in any of wards making up the following Birmingham constituencies :
Erdington – Erdington, Kingstanding, Stockland Green, Tyburn wards
Hodge Hill – Bordesley Green, Hodge Hill, Shard End, Washwood Heath wards
Ladywood – Aston, Ladywood, Nechells , Soho wards
Perry Barr – Handsworth Wood, Lozells & East Handsworth, Oscott, Perry Barr wards
· The deadline to apply for a place is Wednesday 14th April 2010
If you want further information on Creative Leap, and to apply for a place, please contact:
Pat Dawson on 0121 446 3267 or email email@example.com and mention you got the details from Birmingham Music Network.
Creative Leap is a collaborative project run in partnership by sampad, Ulfah Arts and the Drum.