Anthony Hughes email@example.com
Andy Derrick spoke about the launch of his freelance work giving advice to musicians and music businesses on all aspects of the industry as well as his work as a guest speaker, arranger, composer, performer, manager and agent. More information can be found on his website http://andyderrick.co.uk
Lee Parsons spoke about the latest things happening at Ditto Music including their new deal on aggregation – see website for details. Lee also spoke about the Ditto Music TV show available on SKY with previous episodes available on the website and on YouTube.
Visit www.dittomusic.com for the full SP.
Zak left information about several bands and promoters/nights:
- D.R.A.G. – a great Birmingham based punk band – www.myspace.com/dressedasagirl
- Tin Omen – Electro Goth band have a new album due for release in 2009. Think Madonna singing for Depeche Mode
- Stiletto Promotions – Goth related events / announcements that should interest those into the Goth scene.
- The Dark Room – a great weekly Goth event held at the Giffard Arm, Wolverhampton
- For MySpace links for these and more visit www.myspace.com/miss_higher
- Check out Ryan’s Gig Guide January 2009 issue for a review of the debut album by the Hanging Dolls “Reason and Madness”
- The Asylum have many great bands lined up to play in 2009. See www.theasylumvenue.co.uk
Andy reminded everyone to spread the word on contacting Mark firstname.lastname@example.org to put their gig details and any other useful stuff on the Birmingham Music Network website.
The next meeting of the Birmingham Music Network is Thursday 29th January 4pm Room 436, TIC, Birmingham City University, Millennium Point, Curzon Street, Birmingham – The event is free and normally finishes at 6pm.
Creative Networks starts at 6pm in the same building and offers a chance to network with people from other Creative Industries and listen to a guest speaker. January see Jan Faull from the BFI National Film Archive feature as guest speaker. There is also a chance to pitch your business to the assembled guests – contact Dave Taylor on 0121 331 5400 or email email@example.com for more info. To register to attend, please visit www.creativenetworksonline.com